Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First awkward step





This is my attempt at blogging. I thought it would be a good idea to make my first post an introduction to myself, not at as personal introduction but rather about my interests. Interests, that perhaps will develop into more clear goals as I continue to expose thoughts on topics, get feedback and learn how to handle the new learning process.

If I were to define a current goal for this blog it would be to make sure it isn’t a rant spot for myself or a review site. Rather, I want to be able to express my thoughts regarding defined topics, mainly but not solely regarding tea. Hopefully, this will be a step to make friends with similar interests and to engage in great conversations and even debates! I mean, what is the point of exposing your thoughts if no one will ever contradict them? How can you learn more, correct and be corrected, if we hide behind curtains of ignorance.
I want to fill in gaps in what I currently consider ‘knowledge’; and perhaps redefine it as ignorance to challenge myself to learn most I can from this Blog. And hopefully you will do so as well. 

Another, and very important goal for me is… neutrality. I can’t even explain this part without slightly slipping away from the previous ‘no rants’ stance, but I’ll give it a try. The more I want to learn about tea the more I find myself constricted or even restricted to a few limited sources of information. I’ve visited several blogs and forums seeking for knowledge, just to satisfy my curiosity and indulge in self-gratification. But more often than not, I find a battle between groups who want to wear a title, as if there was a title for loving tea more than others. I feel like a lot of these sources are reliable sources of information, but you have to skim through

the specks and sometimes mounds of hatred towards their ‘competition’. Again, I’m not sure what they compete for. I wish I could stand in the middle and yell: ‘Ladies! Gentlemen! Is it not ignorance the ultimate enemy here? Why battle sources of knowledge rather than work towards higher knowledge?’ But just as a physical battleground… I might just be a target standing in the middle of the fire range. 
In the end, I hope that once people start reading. They will feel welcome; free to comment, add, criticize or just make conversation that leads to new topics. Hope to hear from you, and hey… this wasn’t even as awkward as I expected it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment